The Nevada Public Health Training Center, housed within the School of Community Health Sciences at the University of Nevada, Reno seeks candidates for various contract tracer positions. These are temporary full-time positions to provide support for COVID-19 prevention and control in coordination with local and state health jurisdictions.
The Contract Tracer positions are responsible for the following:
- Immediately identifying and interviewing people with SARS CoV-2 infections and COVID-19 (i.e., disease) using motivational interviewing techniques
- Supporting isolation and dissemination of information to those who are infected
- Communicating to contacts of their exposure, assessing their symptoms and risk, and providing instructions for next steps
- Linking those with symptoms to testing and care
- Maintaining accurate record keeping and following data entry protocol
- Maintaining high standards of confidentiality and contact information security
Contact Tracer Supervisor
The Contract Tracer Supervisors are responsible for effectively completing all duties of the contact tracer position listed above. In addition, the Contact Trader Supervisor positions will be responsible for the following:
- Scheduling and supervising a team of up to 10 assigned contact tracers at any given time to provide mentorship and support
- Training and providing technical assistance to contact tracers during assigned shifts
- Taking the lead on sensitive or challenging cases
- Assuring data confidentiality and security
- Providing quality control, review, and data cleaning related to contact investigation of the assigned team
- Maintaining active communication with Manager and attending team meetings
The Successful Candidate will have
- An understanding of patient confidentiality, including the ability to conduct interviews without violating confidentiality (e.g., to those who might overhear their conversations)
- Understanding of the medical terms and principles of exposure, infection, infectious period, potentially infectious interactions, symptoms of disease, pre-symptomatic and asymptomatic infection
- Excellent and sensitive interpersonal, cultural sensitivity, and interviewing skills such that they can build and maintain trust with patients and contacts
- Basic skills of crisis counseling, and the ability to confidently refer patients and contacts for further care if needed
- Resourcefulness in locating patients and contacts who may be difficult to reach or reluctant to engage in conversation
- Understanding of when to refer individuals or situations to medical, social, or supervisory resources
- Cultural competency appropriate to the local community
Required Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications
Required:High School Diploma and two years of related work experience or Bachelor’s Degree and one year of related work experience.Related experience:health-related experience.
Preferred:Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field and one year of health-related experience
Contact Tracer Supervisor
Required:Bachelor’s Degree and two years of related work experience or Master’s Degree and one year of related work experience.Related experience:health-related experience.
Preferred:Graduate degree and one year of health-related experience. Supervisory experience preferred.
Required Certification, All Levels
Completion of the Nevada Contact Tracing Certification
Selected candidates must have completed the certification training prior to an offer.For more information about the contact tracing certification, please visit:https://www.makinghealthhappen.org/courses/nevada-contact-tracing
Please note, once you submit your application the only attachment/s viewable to you will be the attachment/s to the resume/CV section of the application. Any additional required attachment/s to the cover letter, references, additional documents sections of the application, will not be viewable to you after you submit your application. All uploaded attachment/s will be on the application for the committee to review. To request updates to attachments, prior to the committee review of applications, please contact the candidate helpdesk firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attach the following attachments to your application
2) Cover Letter
3) Contact Information for Three Professional References
4) Please write a brief statement (one page maximum) about how you would contribute toward our mission of creating a culturally inclusive environment in the role for which you are applying.
This posting is open until filled
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply immediately. This search will close without notice when a sufficient number of applications are received or a hiring decision has been made.