Knowledge Base

What if I disagree with my assessment?

For Business Personal Property:

If, in your opinion, the assessed value of your personal property shown on your bill is incorrect please contact the Assessor`s Office Personal Property division at 775-328-2213 to voice your concern.

If, after discussing the matter, a difference of opinion still exists, you may appeal your assessment to the County or State Board of Equalization. You may obtain the forms from the Assessor`s Office.

For Real Property: 

If the Assessor's Office is unable to resolve your concerns you can appeal to the County Board of Equalization for a review of  your property's  taxable value. The appeal forms may be obtained by contacting our office or the Nevada Department of Taxation. Your appeal must be filed by January 15th.

Please note: the burden of proof is on the taxpayer to show that the valuation is in error or that the taxable value exceeds full cash value (market value).

Also note: the role of the Assessor is property valuations, not property taxes, or property tax rates. Questions concerning your taxes should be directed to the Washoe County Treasurer's Office or locally elected state representative.

The appeal form and additional information can be found on our website on our Assessment Notice/Appeal Information page.

Updated 9/26/2023 2:59 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!