Knowledge Base

Community Service

Categories: Courts Courts General

Community Service

The Court may grant you the option to complete community service in lieu of paying a fine. You can either complete your community service through the Washoe County Sheriff's Community Work Program (external link) or a non-profit organization depending upon specific sentencing instructions from the judge. You need to contact the Criminal Department to sign up for community service.

If you live outside of Washoe County, you must sign up with the court in Reno to obtain the proper paperwork and then take your paper work to any non-profit organization where you reside. The organization must notify the court within TEN (10) days of your enrollment that you are signed up for community service. The organization must also notify the court in writing of either your completion or failure to complete the community service. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THE COURT IS IN RECEIPT OF ANY AND ALL COMPLETIONS.

Community Service Links

Updated 1/12/2023 4:42 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!