Knowledge Base

Report a Spill or Possible Violation of Environmental Laws and Regulations

Use this form to report what appears to you as a possible violation of environmental law and regulations. Information you submit will be forwarded to enforcement personnel or to the appropriate regulatory authority. The reporter always has the right to remain anonymous.
All reports are handled with the same level of seriousness.

If this spill

  • Involves any amount of a hazardous substance released to surface water;
  • Threatens a vulnerable source as defined by NAC 445A.3459; or
  • Is a quantity equal to or greater than that which is required to be reported to the National Response Center (40 CFR Part 302)

As soon as practicable, call: 1-888-331-6337

 If the spill meets the following criteria, please complete the form below within 1 working day:

  •  Released to the soil or other surfaces of land in a quantity greater than 25 gallons or 200 pounds;
  • Discovered in at least 3 cubic yards of soil during any subsurface excavation;
  • Discovered in or on ground water; or
  • A confirmed release from an underground storage tank.

Reporting Form

For information regarding State reporting requirements, when to call, who to call, or information on data, call: NDEP Bureau of Corrective Actions (775) 687 – 9368.

Updated 3/10/2023 9:32 AM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!