Knowledge Base

Damaged and Cracked Roadway

Report A Traffic Concern

To express road/traffic concerns and identify possible solutions in unincorporated Washoe County, please submit a request for service through Washoe311 online and attach the Engineering traffic request form. For more information, review Washoe County's traffic calming policy which may be useful to answer your most common questions.

Traffic Signals

To report a traffic signal malfunction, please call RTC at (775) 335-ROAD or 335-7623.  If you have difficulty or need additional support, please submit a request for service through Washoe311 or reach out to Washoe 311 at 3-1-1 (775-328-2003) or

Traffic Lights and Signs

To report and issue with traffic lights or missing signs within unincorporated Washoe County, connect with the Washoe County Road's team or submit a request for service online. Learn More »

Pavement Condition

Washoe County uses revenues from gas taxes to maintain roads according to the pavement condition index. A pavement condition index provides a simple method to balance maintenance and replacement of roads with available funds. 


Private Construction in Right-Of-Way

For permitting, standards and process for road-way construction projects within unincorporated Washoe County, visit the Engineering Team's  developer information pages. Learn More »




Updated 4/18/2024 4:43 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!