Knowledge Base

Can WCRAS Help with Wild Horse Issues?

The wild horse herds in the Virginia range are horses that have been turned loose by their owner or horses that have migrated from other areas.

These horses are under the jurisdiction of the Nevada Department of Agriculture.  Animal Services will respond to a horse that is injured to verify the injury . We will then, contact the state and work together to remedy the situation. Any wild horse issue such as a horse in your yard or on the medians is referred to the state.

Persons with wild horse questions can get more information here or call the ‘Horse Hotline’ at (775) 353-3608 or email 


Updated 11/29/2022 4:25 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!