Knowledge Base

How can I get a copy of an adoption case?

Category: Courts General

Adoption cases are sealed and can only be accessed by court order.  To petition the court to open an adoption case, please visit the 2nd Judicial District Court website at:


Click on the folder titled MISCELLAENOUS FORMS under the Family Related Forms and there is an Ex Parte Motion to Open Adoption File packet.   These completed forms cannot be electronically filed (e-filed).  They must be filed in person or by mail at: 2nd Judicial District Court, Reno, NV 89501


Please include as much information you can regarding the adoption case you would like to open: Petitioners names, adopted person’s original name and approximate dates of the adoption.

Updated 8/7/2019 10:16 AM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!