Knowledge Base

How Do I Register or Submit Application for a Service Animal?

Washoe County Regional Animal Services does not handle applications or registration of service animals.

Additional resources:

Unfortunately, Washoe County does not provide training/certifications for service animals. You would need to contact the Americans with Disabilities Act for further assistance. Additionally the Nevada Department of Veterans Services would be able to provides both service dogs and companion pets for Nevada’s military veterans at no cost. We have provided a list of services available for review:


Nevada Disability Advocacy and Law Center

1325 Corporate Blvd. Room 115

Reno, NV 89502

Phone: 775-823-6690

Fax: 775-688-1292


Nevada Department of Veterans Services

6630 S. McCarran Blvd. Bldg. C, Ste. 204

Reno, NV 89509

Phone: (775) 688-1653

Fax: (775) 688-1656


U.S. Department of Justice - Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)

Phone: 800-514-0301
TTY: 800-514-038


For additional information, please contact Washoe311 Service Center at:


Updated 11/29/2022 4:22 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!