Knowledge Base

How do I remove a deceased joint tenant’s name from the title of my property?

You will need to record a new transfer document to remove the deceased joint tenant from the ownership of the property; usually we see an Affidavit of Surviving Joint Tenant document used in this situation. If you are unsure of the type of forms you need to use, please seek legal advice for guidance.

While it is not a recording requirement, typically a copy of the death certificate is included as an attachment to this recorded document.

Updated 12/5/2022 2:06 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!