Knowledge Base

Can I Have Livestock/Chickens in the City Limits?

Animal Services does not regulate livestock zoning within the cities or county. For zoning regulations, please contact one of the following departments for guidance, dependent on jurisdiction:


Washoe County Planning (Unincorporated Washoe County)

(775) 328-6100


Reno Code Enforcement (City of Reno)

(775) 334-2099         


Sparks Code Enforcement (City of Sparks)

(775) 353-4063


Updated 11/29/2022 4:24 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!